Hold-And-Modify, also known as HAM, is a display mode for the Amiga to support the full range of 4096 colors.
- Although it supports all 4096 colors, it may need two intermediate pixels to guarantee a pixel change.
- Under HAM6, the following possible combinations may be used:
- Set: Use 4 bits of data to choose a color from the palette of 16 colors.
- Modify Red: Use 4 bits to set the red pixel.
- Modify Green: Use 4 bits to set the red pixel.
- Modify Blue: Use 4 bits to set the red pixel.
- HAM is replaced by True Color on more modern systems.